Project Resource Links
- This project addresses a proposed federally-funded expansion to the existing facilities that TACC currently operates at the J.J. Pickle Research Campus; the Advanced Computing Building (ACB), and the Research Office Complex (ROC). The proposed addition will increase the datacenter footprint and increase available power from 10MW to 30MW, including all required utilities and utility tie-ins, construction of an additional chilling plant, thermal storage system, and electrical upgrades to the campus.
- The project will include a machine room, expanded datacenter, and new office and exhibition space tying the existing ACB and ROC building to the datacenter. The existing TACC machine room must maintain full operations, therefore it is critical that the design incorporate a strategy for minimal disruption to electrical and chilling service to the existing machine room throughout construction.
- Proposal packages may include, but not limited to, early site development, abatement of hazardous materials, demolition of existing facilities, installation of SWPPP measures, and early procurement of long-lead items.
- This project has a maximum construction cost limitation (CCL) of $137,000,000.00.
- CIP Number / Name: 102-1353 TACC Leadership-Class Computing Facility
- Request for Qualifications for Architect/Engineer: RFQ-AE1353-210006
- Submittal Issue Date: August 06, 2021
- Pre-Submittal Conference (Virtual w/Registration): August 12, 2021 Time: 10:00 A.M. Local Time
- Pre-Submittal Conference Location: See Section 1.11 of RFQ
- Electronic Submission of Qualifications Deadline Date: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 Time: 2:00 P.M. Local Time
- Electronic Submission of Qualifications via the Formal Bid Opportunities Webpage below.
- Number of Addenda: 1