Site utility relocation, University-provided utility extensions, and vacation of Red River Street resulting in site availability and utility service to the new multi-purpose Arena. For more information about the Moody Center and Red River Street Realignment projects, please visit the Moody Center/Red River Street Realignment page. You may also view the Moody Center Enabling Project Slides (PDF).
Construction Advisory Updates
Red River Street is CLOSED indefinitely from Clyde Littlefield to Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (MLK). The street will remain open to local traffic to the LBJ Library, Sid Richardson Hall, Indoor Practice Facility, and the Material Transfer Center.
Left turns from eastbound MLK Jr. Blvd. to northbound Red River Street are prohibited until further notice.
San Jacinto at 20th Street will be reduced to one-lane traffic (controlled by flaggers).
Child Care Center and Texas Swim Center:
- There is NO through-access to the east side of the Child Care Center and Texas Swim Center at this time through mid- September 2020.
- Temporary access to the Child Care Center and Texas Swim Center from Red River Street just south of Lot 80 is open through January 2022.
- More information about access to the Child Care Center is located at https://capitalplanning.utexas.edu/projects/moody-center-and-red-river-street-realignment-projects
The campus community can expect these travel, parking and pedestrian pathway changes through January 2022:
- Access to Lot 36/80 from Robert Dedman is CLOSED (barricades in Robert Dedman just south of Manor Garage)
- Access into Lot 36/80 will be from Red River (via temp drive).
- Lot 70 is permanently CLOSED.
Bicyclists are encouraged to refer to the City of Austin Bike Map.
We will continue to provide an update by email regarding any changes the campus can expect next month, and periodic updates will follow. The Construction Advisory web site will be an ongoing resource for information as work moves forward. Signage will be installed at key locations to assist with wayfinding. Due to the fluid nature of construction, this information is subject to change, but we will do our best to provide timely communication if changes are necessary.
Capital Planning and Construction